- Start a compute instance
- Automated installation of a web server running PHP, as well as a database server and a database.
- We assume, you know how to utilise a terminal/SSH and SSH-keys.
Using the username and password (API credentials) that were provided by SysEleven we login at: https://dashboard.cloud.syseleven.net.
- In order to import your SSH-key using the dashboard, we go to "Compute" and "Access And Security" and from there to "Key Pairs".
- There we select "Import Key Pair", give the key pair a name (that we remember for later use) and import the public part of the key pair via copy & paste into the interface.
Once submitted we can use the key pair with this name in the API and Templates.
Starting the compute instance
- Navigate to Orchestration --> Stacks --> Launch Stack to start a template.
- Select "URL" in the Template Source select box.
- Paste the URL of the template into Template URL:
- Don't change the field Environment Source and click Next.
- Write "lampserver" into the field Stackname.
- Write the name of our public SSH-Key as parameter key_name.
- Afterwards we click Launch and our first instance starts.
Login to the compute instance
- To log in to our compute instance, we have to gather its IP address. We can find it at Compute --> Instances in the field Floating IP for our new compute instance.
We can check if we can connect to our instance on Mac and Linux in a terminal with the following command:
In the background, the web server, database server and a up-to-date PHP version is being installed.
We can check the progress with the following command:
tail -f /var/log/cloud-init-output.log
Furthermore, you can now place any PHP application to
/var/www/html and test it.